They say that a picture is worth a thousand words. While it won’t actually add to your manuscript’s word count, it can add a lot of value, depending on the book, to have some photos or images. Here is how to do it.
1. Click on insert tab, and then select picture.
2. Select browse, and find your image file. Click the Insert button.
3. Resize the photo to the correct size on the page. Hold the shift key while doing this, so that the photo doesn’t distort. Only do this to make pictures smaller, not larger. Making them larger will result in pixilation.
4. Right click on photo and select Wrap Text.
5. Choose how you want your text to go around your photo. Ie. Square
6. Right click on the photo and select Insert Caption.
7. A box will now open up, click ok. Erase the text that it automatically puts in the box, and replace it with your caption. Now you can adjust your font, size, color, etc.